Recycling Fund: Recycle Tennis Ball Project- AFTERLIFE
We are excited to announce that “Recycling Fund: Recycle Tennis Ball Project- AFTERLIFE” an initiative introduced by Sports for Hope Foundation have received funding support from the Hong Kong Recycling Fund, making us the first sports consumable recycling project in the city to receive government support.
There are 64 AFTERLIFE collection bins located in 55 sites across Hong Kong, we are committed to reducing waste and promoting sustainability in the sports community. Our tennis ball recycling process involves collecting abandoned tennis balls, chopping them into rubber crumb before burning them as an alternative fuel for local factories.
Through this process, we are able to achieve our goal of zero landfill and all of the recycling is done within Hong Kong, resulting in the lowest carbon footprint possible.
Join us in our meaningful mission to make a positive impact on the environment.
Recycling your tennis balls can help us create a cleaner and greener Hong Kong.
Let’s work together to achieve a more sustainable future for our city. Support Sports for Hope Foundation.
Collection bins can be found in multiple locations across Hong Kong Island , Kowloon and New Territories.
We encourage you to locate a collection bin near you and to contribute to our effort to create a more sustainable future for Hong Kong.
Locations are listed below :
Hong Kong Island:
- Aberdeen Tennis and Squash Centre
- Bowen Road Tennis Court
- Causeway Bay Sports Ground
- Chai Wan Park
- Chinese Recreation Club , Hong Kong
- Correctional Services Department Sports Assoc.
- Craigengower Cricket Club
- Hong Kong Country Club
- Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Hong Kong Football Club
- Hong Kong tennis centre
- Indian Recreation Club
- Kornhill Recreation Club
- Quarry Bay Park
- Sai Wan Ho Playground
- The Aberdeen Marina Club
- The American Club Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- The University of Hong Kong (Stanley Ho Sports Center)
- Victoria Park
- Choi Hung Road Playground
- Club De Recreio
- HKTA Kowloon Tennis Center
- Junction Road Park
- King’s Park Recreation Ground
- Kowloon Cricket Club
- Kowloon Tong Club
- Lai Chi Kok Park (Stage II)
- Morse Park (Park No.4)
- Municipal Services Staff Recreation Club
- Pacific Club
- Police Sports and Recreation Club
- Shek Kip Mei Park (Stage II)
- Shek Ku Lung Road Playground
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Tennis Team
- The Kowloon Tsai Home Owner’s Association
- The YMCA of Hong Kong King’s Park Centenary Centre
- United Services Recreation Club
- Yau Yat Chuen Garden City Club
- Club Siena
- Discovery Bay Recreation Club
- Fairview Park Country Club
- Gold Coast Yacht and Country Club
- Hilltop Country Club
- Hong Kong Golf & Tennis Academy
- Po Tsui Park
- Sai Ching Street Tennis Courts
- The Clearwater Bay Golf & Country Club
- The Country Club at Hong Lok Yuen
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club, Beas River Country Club
- Tsing Yi Park
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Tsang Tai UK Recreation Ground
- Tuen Mun Tang Shiu Kin Sports Ground (Tennis Court)
- Yuen Wo Playground